CALL FOR PROPOSALS
NAACFRC 2024 Community-Engaged Research Conference
CER Pathways to Equitable Programs and Policies
June 4, 2024 | 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT | Hybrid
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Call for Proposals
November 1 – November 30, 2023
Presenting at the NAACFRC 2024 Community-Engaged Research Conference: CER Pathways to Equitable Programs and Policies provides an opportunity to build your professional network and share timely, relevant research with a diverse audience. The conference will share community-engaged research, innovative research approaches, stories of successful research collaborations, lessons learned, and solutions to community-wide issues within various program tracks.
Whether you are a first-time submitter/presenter or a returning presenter, we welcome your submission! Please download and read the Call for Proposals Guidelines carefully before you begin work on your proposal and be sure to submit it by the deadline: November 30, 2023, (11:59 p.m. ET).
Preparing Your Proposals
The program committee has identified three suggested areas of focus (tracks/topics) for 2024. Preference will be given to the proposals that sufficiently reflect what you have done or are planning to do regarding each of these areas.
Select the track(s) that best aligns with your session proposal.
- TANF/Poverty Alleviation/Self-Sufficiency
- Head Start/Early Head Start
- Childcare Assistance
Select your Panel Session Delivery Format below:
In-Person Delivery Formats Offered:
- Demonstration (90 minutes, up to four presenters)
- Presentation Panel Session (Either 15 or 20 minutes, up to two presenters)
Online Session Delivery Format Offered:
- Simulive Presentation (20 minutes, up to two presenters)
NOTE: Please do not submit identical proposals for different formats or events.
Steps to Submit a Proposal
Develop a proposal in one of the program tracks/focus areas. If you prefer to download the Template for advanced work and/or collaboration, you may do so here: Call for Proposals Template.
Submit your proposal using the online submission form between November 1 and November 30, 2023. Submitters will be notified about decisions in mid-January.
If your proposal is accepted, attend and present at the NAACFRC 2024 Community- Engaged Research Conference at Morehouse School of Medicine in Atlanta, GA on June 6, 2024.
Registration & Travel Guidelines for Accepted Proposals:
- Presenter Registration: All Presenters are responsible for registering for the conference by February 28, 2024.
- All Confirmed Presenters are responsible for securing and paying for travel and lodging. Hotel and travel information will be provided in advance. Accepted community speakers or persons with lived experience (non-academic, non-corporate, or large organization employees) may be eligible to receive travel support and an honorarium.
Presentation Terms and Conditions Commitment
- Acceptance notifications will be sent in mid-January 2024. All selected presenters must agree to and confirm the presentation for a session.
- Selected co-presenters must also agree to the terms and conditions for participation.
- Proposal titles and abstracts cannot be changed after the review and selection process.
- Session Resources: Selected Presenters will be required to upload their presentations and/or supporting materials and resources prior to the conference. These valuable resources will then be posted for attendees to access beyond the session.
Submitting Your Proposal
Your proposal will not be considered unless it is submitted through the Call For Proposals submission site.
If you are using the same device, you may come back to update/complete it at any time before the deadline. After this date, no proposals will be accepted—no exceptions. To ensure your proposal has been officially submitted, make sure you have selected “Submit” at the end of the form.